- Get your cheeseball on. War on Kinkade. [Deviant Art]
- The Queens Museum makeover stories are coming out. This one focuses on the partnership with the Queens Library, which will be housed inside the museum. Very cool. The Museum opens November 9th and we plan to be there opening day. [The Wall Street Journal]
- You can now take pictures at MoMA P.S.1 [Hyperallergic]
- This is ugly: Calder heirs accuse the the Perlses of surreptitiously holding on to hundreds of Calder’s works and swindling the artist’s estate out of tens of millions of dollars. [The New York Times]
- Laurie Anderson has published a short eulogy for her late husband, Lou Reed. “He died on Sunday morning looking at the trees and doing the famous 21 form of tai chi with just his musician hands moving through the air.” [The East Hampton Star]
- Anyone else tired of reading about Obamacare’s troubled start? Just fix it. [The Internet]
- Holland Cotter notes that rent was cheaper in New York in the 70’s and performance art flourished. He likes the performance art show (1970-1980) curated by Jay Sanders at The Whitney. [The New York Times]
Archive of Paddy Johnson
Paddy Johnson is the founding editor of Art Fag City. In addition to her work on the blog, she has been published in New York Magazine, artreview.com, Art in America, The Daily, Print Magazine, Time Out NY, The Reeler, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, The Guardian, and New York Press, and linked to by publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, New York Magazine, Boing-Boing, The New York Observer, Gawker, Design Observer, Make Magazine, The Awl, Artinfo, and we-make-money-not-art. Paddy lectures widely about art and the Internet at venues including Yale University, Parsons, Rutgers, South by Southwest, and the Whitney Independent Study Program. In 2008, she became the first blogger to earn a Creative Capital Arts Writers grant from the Creative Capital Foundation. Paddy is also the art editor at The L Magazine, where she writes a regular column.
Paddy has written 878 article(s) for AFC.
Posts by author: